|Recipe - Grilling Clinic Recipes|
Grilling Clinic Recipes
1 Lb. pork shoulder cubes (start with 2 lbs. bone-in pork shoulder steaks)
2-3 tsp. Turkish dry rub
1 tbs. vegetable oil
1. Cut meat into small (no more than ¾” cubes). Each piece should be a one-bite morsel.
2. Wash the meat, pat dry. Mix dry rub with vegetable oil in ziplock baggie. Add meat and move around until meat is coated with seasoning mixture.. Refrigerate over night for best flavor.
3. Soak skewers for 30 minutes in room temperature water. Warm up grill to high heat. Thread meat loosely on skewers and grill, uncovered, until brown and crispy turning occasionally to evenly cook.
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tsp. Turkish dry rub
1. Blend both ingredients together and refrigerate at least 3 hours prior to serving. Serve with skewered cooked meat. Keeps in refrigerator up to 5 days.
Turkish Dry Rub
1 ½ tsp. oregano
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. black pepper
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp. salt
Sirloin Steak with Simple Peperonata
1 tbs. fresh oregano
1 tbs. fresh thyme
1 tbs. fresh cracked black pepper
1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
3 # steak (2-2 ½ “ thick)
Olive oil for drizzle
1. Combine oregano, thyme, black pepper and salt; spread on steak 4-6 hours in advance. Let stand 1 hour room temperature prior to grilling.
2. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Grill 15 minutes/side for medium rare and 17 minutes for medium.
3. Rest 5 minutes; cut crosswise ¼ - 1/3” thick – serve with Peperonata
3 Tbs. olive oil
2 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 large peppers, sliced into ½” strips (red, green, orange, yellow)
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
2 Tbs. capers, drained (optional)
1 Tbs. fresh oregano
1 Tbs. fresh thyme
1. Sauté onion in oil – 6 minutes. Add peppers and rushed pepper, salt; reduce heat and cover stirring occasionally and until peppers are silky – about 30 - 35 minutes. Remove lid and increase heat to high and add remaining ingredients; sauté 3 minutes. Keeps in refrigerator up to 3 days – bring to room temperature before serving with steak.